Learn some interesting information about Uganda while enjoying a range of fun facts and trivia.
1. Capital – Kampala – Capital as a British Protectorate was Entebbe.
2. Uganda gained Independence from Britain in 1962 (it was not a British Colony like Kenya but a Protectorate)
3. The Gray crowned Crested Crane is Uganda’s official Bird.
4. Population is about 37.5 Million (estimated)
5. Major Languages – English (Official), Swahili (Official), Luganda and various Bantu and Nilotic Languages.
6. Major Religions – Christianity and Islam, Animist.
7. Gross National Income per person – 510 USD.
8. Main Exports – Tourism, Coffee, Fish and related fish products, tea, tobacco, cotton, corn, beans, Sesame.