Learn some interesting information about Kenya while enjoying a range of fun facts and trivia
1. Kenya is located in East Africa, on the equator.
2. The capital and largest city is Nairobi. Mombasa is the second largest city.
3. The two official languages in Kenya are English and Swahili, although there are dozens of other languages spoken in various parts of the country.
4. Kenya shares Lake Victoria, the world's second largest fresh water lake, with Tanzania and Uganda.
5. Kenya features many national parks and wildlife reserves, with safaris being a popular activity for visitors.
6. Agriculture is important to Kenya's economy, especially tea, coffee and flowers.
7. Kenya is named after Mt Kenya, the tallest mountain in the country (5,199 metres, 17,057 feet).
8. Kenya gained independence from the United Kingdom in 1963.
Source: Science Kids