- Published: Monday, 24 September 2018 09:00
- Sourced by SolutionsTeam
Guinea-Bissau is in Northwestern Africa. Its borders include the Atlantic Ocean, Guinea and Senegal. Many people here are farmers, living and working on small family farms. The main crops include cashew nuts and fruit.
1. The capital city of Guinea-Bissau is Bissau.
2. The country’s name used to be Portuguese Guinea when it became part of the Portugese colony in the 19th century.
3. The country’s name used to be Portuguese Guinea when it became part of the Portugese colony in the 19th century.
4. 1.5 million people live in Guinea-Bissau.
5. The country has 13,946 square miles of land.
6. Portuguese is the official language in Guinea-Bissau.
7. Other languages used in Guinea-Bissau are Creole, Balanta, Fula and Manjaca.
8. Most people belong to a native faith. Islam and Christianity are also common religions.
Source: Easy Science For Kids