1. Luanda, Angola's capital is the world’s most expensive city for expats.
2. Angola's economy is one of the world's fastest growing - Between 1994 and 2004, Angola had one of the world's fastest-growing economies. Economic growth in 2012 is expected to exceed 7%.
3. Angola is very rich in natural resources - The country is the 2nd largest oil and diamond producer in sub-Saharan Africa.
4. Luanda is known as the " Paris of Africa" - This title is apparently due to the city's sophisticated culture and atmosphere.
5. Portuguese is the official language - Other spoken languages include Umbundu, Kimbundu, Kikongo, and Tchokwe.
6. Angola gained independence in 1975 - The country got independence from Portugal on November 11, 1975. It is the last country in Africa to gain independence from Portugal.
7. Angola has a very young population - Interestingly, nearly 70% of the population in Angola is under the age of 24.
8. Angola is twice the size of Texas - The country spans 481,354 square miles, making it the world's 23rd largest country. It's the seventh largest country in Africa.